Saturday, November 27, 2010

MeLbOUrNes MorNinG fiX: THE MESS HALL

Melbourne is in the midst of Cafe-land where coffee lovers crave their fix each and every morning. When asking locals which direction I should point my stomach in, several advised I check out this little "brekkie" hotspot. From my first step into THE MESS HALL I was greeted with a friendly smile and outstanding service.
Situated in the Central Business District, you will always find professionals among others grabbing their 6:30 am coffee on the way into the office, or having an espresso and nibble just about brunch time.

With a single prop airplane as their logo, "mess hall" comes from the aviation term where the men gathered to eat meals together. From the interior design to brown paper menus, The Mess Hall has simplicity written all over it. The concentrated menu allows an easy choice hence more time for enjoyable conversation with your fellow company.

Breakfast, lunch, or just coffee for ONE?? You're in luck. There are 3 front facing "VIP" window stools perfect for people watching on busy Bourke Street.
My pick: The (steaming hot) Scrambled Eggs with smoked Salmon and herbs on Sourdough Toast and add a side of avocado. Warning! Portions are hearty, so prepare to have a small or non-existant lunch. I will certainly be back for more!!




No comments:

Post a Comment