Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This gypsy is back. And her pen? It's full of ink.

Life has treated me exceptionally well this past year.  
A lot has changed.  I guess changed isn't really the proper word.  Evolved. And some things have remained constant, but life has been like a boulder rolling down a hill.  It just keeps picking up speed, in a very very good way.
Although I haven’t written publicly for a while, that doesn’t mean I haven’t been writing.  I’ve been writing.  The book I have been working on for the past 2 1/5 years is really making some headway.  I shot and filmed my first documentary this past winter and completed a 12 minute short film.

I’m back on Nantucket for a fabulous fourth season.  And although I am more than thrilled to be here, I find myself leaving the island more this spring, than ever, for breaths of fresh (or not so) Big City air, and outside opportunities all of which were created though living on this magical island. And every single time I return, I love it just that much more.

I had a chance to spend 2 1/2 months with my friends and family this winter in St. Louis, something I hadn’t done since I was 18 years old, and I just turned 30 in January.  A great feeling and something I plan on doing much more of.

And just today, I was asked how everything was going with work outside of the bar world and if I would like to donate one of my bar shifts so a fellow island bartender could come play on our team.  This could not have made me a happier girl.  I just about sighed with relief.  It felt like a weight had been lifted.  


I am an overachiever when it comes to taking on work outside of the bar and even though I said I would clear my schedule this season, I started to take on some pretty awesome projects.  And I always get it done, but it makes life a little more interesting.  
In this past year, I found myself, what I really wanted to do, the type of people I want to surround myself with and found a way to do exactly what I love and make a career out of it.  


  I have a web Based TV show coming out in June on Nantucket and I am producing videos for Bartlett's Farm.  I also spent 7 1/2 hours in photoshop yesterday creating the logo for Border Free Productions, removing passport stamp images and the background: no easy task.  I have a newfound respect for those in the profession!                                                                                                                                                                                                             My I DO, I DO couples column, as well as a bit of freelance writing here and there. And some soon to be amazing film opportunities I couldn't be more excited about.




  And of course, I’ll always find plenty of time for the beach.








When people ask where home is, this constantly changes for me.  It's wherever I want to be that very second, and often times, it turns out to be on the opposite side of the world I'm on.  I am a girl-on-a-whim and love not planning things too far into the future.  It feels pretty good to live this way.


Oh. Did I mention I'm on a bus to NYC writing this?  Two day vaca, this gypsy just HAD to get-away...


It's a big world.  Get to know it.










No comments:

Post a Comment