Friday, December 10, 2010

Do you believe in ghosts?

Australia being a fairly new country, shouldn't have a lot of hauntings, right?  I met up with Ash, a friend of a friend I grew up with, who lives just south of Melbourne City today near the beach.

 He asked me to meet him at work, and then casually added that it was a cemetery... and he digs graves for a living.

Yes.  You heard me. 
I would be meeting a grave digger for dinner and drinks on this Friday night.  I was thrilled due to my fascination with cemeteries and ghost stories!  When I was parading around in Paris for ten days a few years ago, I spent about 3 hours wandering around the cemetery where Jim Morrison of the doors in buried.
Not to worry, I told my roommates if I didn't return I would at least have a proper burial.  I hopped off the train station and into his shiny blue truck and cruised over to the cemetery.  When we arrived, it definately smelled like there were dead bodies in the area.  

I was greeted with an official tour on the four wheeler and shown all of the famous Ozzie grave sites.
  
The "Al Capone", of Austrlia, a few movie stars, the guy who invented rope, the first Prime Minister of Aus, and so on.  

The cemetery was designed by the same bloke that did the beautiful Gardens I visited last week 
as sort of a resume project. 

 At $30,000 a burial, this in the CHANEL of cemeteries.
Do I believe in ghosts? 


 I was sitting around at 4 pm on a Friday 
having knock-offs with the 4 boys after work: 
Stubbies of 
Jim Beam and coke (aka the Brent Jackson)
in the back yard of the bosses house, that just so happens to be in the cemetery.
"Have any of you ever seen any ghosts?," I inquisitivly ask hoping for some great stories.

"No.  There's nothing here.  We don't talk about it," James whispers, I assume so the ghosts don't hear him.

I did end up begging enough to pry a few good stories out of him.  

Nuero uno

The boss's ex-girlfriend who is quite spiritual and supernatural said she could see things.  One day while they're out walking around, she asks him, "Why does that boy in the hat always follow you around?"

"What boy?," James replies.

"The one standing right behind you."

James turns around and can see no one.  It turns out the boy she was describing was buried in the cemetery and the parents came to visit quite often, almost daily.  Before that point they had never spoken to him.  Two or so days later, they came up chatting with him.  When he asked the girlfriend why the change, she said she has now helped the little boy crossover. 

Eerie! Right?

And the second scary story:
The person who lived in the cemetary house before James had a since and used a Ouija board.  Instead of the board or plastic piece moving, the entire table started jolting around. 

Oh yeah, did I mention Ash also lives in a cemetery down the road?  He says it's actually more peaceful living there than on the outside of it.  

"You don't have to worry about all the crazies in the street.  No one bothers you in here." 
 Gotta love the unforeseen adventures of Auz.  

You just never who your going to meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment