Saturday, December 4, 2010

Just Around The River Bend...






After a 50 hour work week at the new ball and chain of a job, and a little lack of sleep, I was ready for some peace and quiet. The clouds parted and after a solid 11 days of rain, the sun was finally shining!

Feeling a bit overstimulated, I was looking for something serene in the big city. I felt like a walk. With no destination in mind, I headed south toward the Yarra River.

After crossing the Flinders Street tracks,
my eyes fixated on the nearby park.
The path enticed me and
just a football field or so away from the big buildings, roaring engines, honking horns, and noisy sirens, I found my little slice of heaven.
Established in 1846, the Melbourne Botanical Gardens have 52,000 different plants
and are home to around 10,000 different species from all over the world!
A few of my faves:

The Secretive Swans
Not So Tiny Turtles
The Eerie Eels!
And even a bee pollenating a vibrant flower...
(Can you find the Bee in this picture?)

What a breath of fresh air.














No comments:

Post a Comment