Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Miles High

To my left thick Cokebottles, a pilled cashmere sweater, slurping his morning OJ. My right; Ipod listening, magazine flipping, peanut eating, soda sipping boy. Middle, me, IPOD in. Playlist: Nantucket #1, Carolina Liar playing. Magazine in hand, Elle December Issue, reading Joe Zee article diligently. Location: Somewhere over my rainbow, millions of miles high.

As I was dropped off in St. Louis, I thought, here I go again. Another new place, another new day. Sometimes I wonder myself why I do it; why I move around so much. But then I remember all the great people I meet along the way. It's a hard thing to do, moving around like this. Leaving the familiar, to make a new one that will eventually be gone again. But I know it's all worth it when I board that plane and all the excitement comes rushing in. Destination: New Zealand.


No comments:

Post a Comment