Monday, April 12, 2010

Last Day in New Zealand :( What a TRIP!!!!


I can't believe my trip has come to an end (as of tomorrow). These 4 1/2 months flew by. (teardrop...)


I met many wonderful people who have touched my life in countless ways.


From living in Queenstown, to traveling the South Island, Sydney, and Brisbane for 6 weeks, and back to the North Island for some final days of exploring.


New Zealand is a special place, many areas still so untouched, not overdeveloped, and I truly hope it stays this way.


To most people, not being able to check into your hotel or find anything open after 8 pm in most of the South Island may be an inconvenience, but I find it charming. These people enjoy their simple lives and don't rearrange theirs for your convenience. They show you a different way of appreciating life; an uncomplicated pleasant experience that will warm your heart on the coldest day.


HIGHLIGHTS OF MY TRIP...


Of course, I must start off with the numerous nights going out in Queenstown to Barmuda, Bardeaux, and Mini Bar with my fellow co-workers. You guys rock!


Driving through the Catlains, the south of the south. So many beautiful waterfalls, beaches, cliffs with spectacular views, penguins, seals and my favorite obsession, lighthouses.



Climbing FOX Glacier. It's only one of around 370 in New Zealand (yes there really are that many here!) This experience will leave you fascinated, from the surges pushing through down below, to the deafening ice cracks that make you jump in your skin.


Bike wine tasting in Renwick, just outside Blenheim.Luckily they don't give out BUI's here.


Milfred Sound: Breathtaking... (my hand looks abnormally large here haha)


The ABEL TASMAN HIKE: If you only have time for one multiple day hike, then this IS IT! Rainforrest, Beach, more hiking, beach, swimming, you get the picture...


Feeding Alpacas breakfast at the Campground we stayed at in Hanmer Springs (South Island). I was convinced I was buying one for my mom for Christmas this year, until I found out they are $3,000 each...


Sleeping in An airport.

Not really a highlight and by far the worst picture someone has ever taken of me, but I had to mention it...

Being a Beach bum in Mt Maunganui (North Island)...

This place has the most beautiful sunsets literally EVERY evening!


Auckland! The City of Sails.

This is now one of my favorite cities.

So many trendy boutiques, cool restaurants, cafes, and most of all friendly faces at every corner you turn.

And last but def. not least...


Sheering a Sheep while Staying on a real NZ farm in Gore (South Island)! This was my #1, Obviously, Due to my other obsession: farm animals, they are so cute, cuddly and, yes, also very stinky.

There are so many others that I didn't mention, so you'll just have to come and experience them yourself...


I'll be returning to Nantucket Island, MA

for a second summer season

May 1st

and I have plenty of things up my sleeve for next winter.


I have NO idea where in the world I will be,

but one thing is for sure,

I will be loving my life as always...


No comments:

Post a Comment