Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Over-packers anonymous...

I am headed off in the early a.m. back to Nantucket for another great summer, but I had to get some things together today before the fun begins.

When it comes to packing, I never leave anything behind.

I am exceptionally good at is Over-packing.

I try to squeeze as much stuff as I possibly can into the smallest spaces. I spent today fitting as many sweaters, shorts, swimsuits, denim, tank-tops, books, sheets, and towels into a Sterilite Box (from my sisters leftover baby boxes) that will only fit sideways into my back seat and occupies 3/4 of it.

Using almost an entire roll of packing tape,
I think it may be safe to say my things won't be going anywhere.

I am not too worried about anyone breaking in and stealing it either.

My motto"You can lift it, you can have it" because after you try, you will most likely have to go to the hospital from throwing your back out (if you know me and clothes then you are probably laughing right now).

I brought a few other things, that I thought were necessary this summer.

A lamp, because everyone needs a little light in their life.

A 3d 5 photo picture frame for some fun memories.

My Tempurpedic pillow. I sold my bed before I left for NZ, but just couldn't part with this fabulous sleeping necessity.

Another suitcase full of clothes for the 3 day drive.

My sewing machine, for those days I get bored when it decides to rain all day, like the 1st 45 days last spring/summer.

Comforter and pillows, taking up way too much space. ugggh

18 pairs of shoes, and this was after 3 elimination rounds.

And last but not least,

My mom (and her suitcase) and my dog Boots (and his 6 shirts)!

But,

The biggest challenge:

Fitting all of it in the car in the morning.

Wish me luck, so I don't have to start eliminating!

I really hope I don't have to leave my mom behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment