Thursday, April 1, 2010

SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY...

As I disembarked the plane in New Zealand,

I had to go through customs,

for it being an international flight.


I made my way to Line B, where you get searched for claming your purchased items.


I began chatting with a girl traveling behind me, but looked up, as I suddenly got a whif of a horrible stench!!!


I peered through the crack in the screen dividing us,

I saw an Indian man who had decided it would be a good idea to bring 2 large suitcases

full of FISH back

from Australia through customs,

and the officer proceeded to open every single bag of it...


Great!


Just how I wanted to spend my 6 hours sleeping in the airport,

smelling like fish.


Not only could I not sleep,

because I had children running around the airport yelling like they were on a playground,

but I now had the nasty smell of

NOT-SO-FRESH

FISH

up my nose.


To top it all off, as I was writing this in the lobby,

the man was actually directed into a room with two officers,

and after I saw his face on the way out, I am assuming it was for a strip search. What a great welcome to New Zealand :)






No comments:

Post a Comment