Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Virtual Spring Cleaning...

When I turned my computer on this evening,

I got the message,


" Your memory is full, please delete some items."


or something like that.


Sometimes I feel the same is true of my brain when I have had a really long day.


If you really want to know someone, I say take a look into their computer, and you will get a pretty good idea of who they are. I believe the last 4 years of my life can easily be summed up on mine.


My iBook G4 is turning 5 this year!!

That's REALLY old in computer years.

In Fact, most computers would be retired at this age, but not mine.


There is nothing wrong with her, she's just a little fuller than before, running a little slower, takes longer in the morning when she wakes up, you know the typical stuff you get with old age.

BUT...

She has an old soul, a lot of drive (but much less than I previously thought), and is full of wisdom, which of course, comes with age.


As I browsed through to do some virtual spring cleaning, a lot of old memories popped up with the many double clicks of my finger...


*A video a classmate and I filmed and edited for a Gender and Communication project that left the class in hysteria.


*Various folders with the many talented clothing designers I've worked with including pictures from photo-shoots, fashion shows, E-Vites to fashion fundraisers I worked on, written press releases, etc.


*Writing, doodling, jotting, note taking from college.


*Business plans for the Boutique I was going to open, but decided to go to Europe instead (so glad I made that decision, right?).


*My coffee table book in progress (which I need to soon put into action).


And my most treasured...


*8,787 pictures of birthdays, past relationships, friends (old and new), Big night outs, and trips to London, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Greece, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia... and soon to be more because I haven't uploaded them from the last 2 weeks yet.


The last 4 years of my life are on this thing.


I played with a few,

but couldn't actually delete anything of real substance.


I guess I'm just a computer pack-rat.


So Long: ctrl.alt.delete,

Heres to: enjoy.backup.repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment