Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 2: There she blows...



When we woke up at the campground at Kaka Point, there was a Tsunami warning from the Chili 8.8 Quake, which we blatantly ignored, went to Jacks Blowhole (which apparently hadn't blown in 2 years) ...



and the Fireman came to get us out.

My acting class finally paid off !!
I pretended I had no clue and was astonished that a Tsunami may be heading our way!!

I chased a few sheep on the way back... nothing out of the norm.
After driving to this amazing place and stopping at literally every waterfall, beach outlet, blowhole, rainforrest, lake and lighthouse along the coast, I realized having a rental car is a MUST when you are traveling here. If not, you would just miss so many amazing things along the way.

My favorite waterfall. McLean Falls, Niagra's Sister!!

When we were finally Waterfalled out, we chose to stay in SARAT BAY, a cozy campsite on the beach in a cove.

We were the only people in a tent, everyone else had been scared off by the TSUNAMI warning. After knocking 11 minutes off of our tent time (9 minutes to set up this time!!),

we made a quick and easy pasta/veg dinner and headed down for a sunset walk on the beach.

Sarat Bay is known for it's Sea Lion sightings, so kept my eyes peeled.

I played the game, is it a Sea Lion or a rock?
See pic below. What do you think?
Well, after realizing it was not a rock only 6 feet away,
I went running when the Sea Lion got up. I still managed to snap a shot without being eaten...

Apparently Sea Lions can run about 25-40k.
It's a very good thing I didn't find out that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment