Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Guilty Pleasures...

As I sat on the Boeing 737 sipping my 1/2 long black, nibbling on the Luken and May Biscuits gently passed by the impeccably dressed flight attendants, I got out my guilty pleasure.

Some travelers prefer a nice long love story, novel, or even a How-TO-Book, but I fancy the many short stories of a magazine.

My ADD mind has just enough attention span to finish various articles on how to know weather or not you are having bad sex?, The 25 Hottest Australian Bachelors, Health and Fitness news, The contraception Diaries, and of course my monthly horoscope (According the CLEO Mag, I should be revealing my hidden talents! oohhh ahhh).
I love all of these,
but the thing
I
LOVE
most
of
all

is the NON-Reading material.

Flipping through all the pages of Style Ad's, Photo-shoots, and this seasons (or months) fashion trends.

Models in their minis and MANOLO's.

and of course, there are always the classics:

THE FASHION ABC's

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN

BETSEY JOHNSON

CHLOE

DIOR...

and the list goes on and on.

Fashion has been my passion since I can remember. Growing up I spent every last dime I earned, from my first job at Target, on my ever expanding wardrobe. My mom used to advise me to start a clothing rental business out of my closet because it looked like one every morning from the amount of people borrowing my clothes.

I have since worked with several independent clothing designers, at Ralph Lauren, and even had my own style column for a summer at LSU. I have always enjoyed shopping (or window shopping when the funds are low) at the local Boutiques rather than an overcrowded mall or department store looking for those unique pieces, where the sales associate may also be the owner and usually knows the designer clothes as well as her sister or best friend.

So you can't be surprised I am so excited about tomorrows adventures of exploring Sydney, and all of the fabulous fashion it has to offer.

So please, wish me, and my wallet a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment