Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 8: Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Woke up overly stuffed from the entire Ferburger I inhaled.


Finally left town around 1pm, and stopped EVERYWHERE on the way to HAAST, our west coast daily destination. A few...


Lake Wanaka

The Blue Pools,

where the water is so clear, the trout look like they are suspended in the water


Black Sandflies

swarming me at the Blue Pools

Thunder Falls

Jackson Bay, just past HAAST...

where Penguins are quite common

At one stop, my favorite of the day, I pulled over to snap yet another picture of the breathtaking scenery.


I turned the engine off I took the key out.


Mark stayed in the car,

with his

window

conveniently

rolled

down.


Taking my time I took a few shots and fiddled around a bit. Meanwhile I hear Mark yelling something about parking in a


Bee patch.


I wasn't really paying attention.


I saw a bee buzz by me, and jumped back in the car and started it again.


Mark said, "Why did you take the key?"


I started laughing, thinking what a sissy!


Afraid of a mere bee!


At that very moment a bee the size of a

golf-ball

flew in.


We both panicked!


I turned the key,


Forgetting the the engine was already on

and the noise was like

nails on a chalkboard.


I jumped out immediately and Mark couldn't find his seat-belt release and was stuck. When he finally let himself out of the lockdown, we both went running, abandoning the car, and laughing hysterically.


Luckily the Emergency Brake was still on...




No comments:

Post a Comment