Saturday, January 23, 2010

The 12 days of soberness..

On the first day of soberness my body gave to me... a hangover because I was drinking the night before.

The next 11 days were quite a challenge. I found myself doing things I hadn't in quite some time.

Running, biking, hiking, learning to play the guitar, cooking fabulous healthy meals, you get the point. I was very productive.

On the 11th day, yesterday, I had to bartend a private function for one of their kids first birthdays. Case in point, an adult party.

At one point, I was asked, "Do you drive? We need you to get some more Heineken."

I responded, "Of course I do, but I haven't tried it on the LEFT side of the road yet".

"Have a drink! No really have a few drinks!!" they kept saying.

4 glasses of Moet & Chandon later, I was starting to feel like I was on top of the world.

By the end of the night the adults made their way into the bouncy house.

I took a$60 cab ride back to town where I went to my place of employment, and proceeded to have many more drinks.

I don't remember much, except that I woke up this morning with a jar full of capers, tabasco, and feta cheese lying in the bed next to me.

When I went to look for my camera to see if I could piece the night together, I found 2 toy guns?? Absolutely no idea where they came from.

I made it home.
I apparently ate something, but I'm still not sure what.
And I had a great time.


In the end, sad to say, there was no 12th day of soberness.

I.

just.

didn't.

make.

it.

No comments:

Post a Comment