Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The BIG Ben...







Wow! What a day! I hiked the Ben Lomond trail today with 3 others from work (Eric, Mairi, and Dav). It is one of the highest points in the surrounding area. It took us just about 6 hours, and was well worth it once we got to the top.

As we approached what looked like was going to
be our final destination, and then turned the corner only to find another steep terraine to climb, Mairi yelled out, "No wonder this shit is free!" Seriously, who would really want to guide this hike? you would have to be crazy...

The trip was amazing, a definite MUST DO if you are in Queenstown, but it's a must do 1 time and one time only for me. I think next time I should eat more than 1/2 a PB & J, an apple, and some nuts while climbing 1750 meters high.

The views were spectacular and the pictures do NO justice as to how high we were and how breathtaking it was all the way up there!



My body hurts, I have a headache, I'm sunburnt, and probably won't be able to walk in the morning, but I have the biggest smile on my face right now from the beauty of it all...

By far one of my best days yet in Crazytown!!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment