Friday, January 8, 2010

Mr. Right, or Mister Right Now?

I met someone really amazing only 2 days after I arrived in Queenstown. It felt like I had known him forever!!! I just knew this was going to be the beginning of a sublime, long lasting relationship. I knew this could really be something...

We met out one night. He's half french/ half dutch, which I found stunning. We spent the entire night together. He never left my side, what a gentleman.

As the relationship progressed, we had amazing conversations, but most of them I didn't seem to remember the next day, which I found unusual.

We started doing all sorts of things together. Mainly at night, (I should have seen it coming then) we would have dinner together, then go out to the local bars. Dance together, he's great at mingling. Makes friends with literally everyone he meets. Puts a smile anyones face. We look up at the stars on our walks home together. We complete each others sentences. Sometimes it's as if I can see right through him. It's like I know exactly what he's thinking and what he'll want to do next.

I think our best day together was Christmas Day. We played all day at the lake; a record breaking day full of dancing, running, and laughing, and then proceeded to the bars... I guess this was when I started to question our relationship. I woke up in the morning, unknown bruises; left alone with nothing but a hangover. I was sad that he wasn't there to comfort me. I missed him so much, but to my surprise he showed up later that day, and it was bliss all over again.

I would even get to see him at work. on most days he would visit me.
But why was it that every morning I would wake up sadness would take over and I would somehow feel it coming to an end? I was torn between the good and bad of him, so great and then so terrible. The highs and lows were starting to tear me down.

New Years Eve was the beginning of what I though might be the end. Luckily the only thing I lost that night was my mascara. Dignity successfully still in tact-

He was the flame in my candle. There was something so intoxicating about him. I loved that he can be smooth and full of finesse, but also harsh and straight to the point.

I kept trying to end it, but he would pull me back in. There's just something about him, something irresistible. His sweet citrus smell on a Saturday night or a Sunday afternoon. His bubbly personality. The rush he gives me as I consume him in my arms every time we meet.

His name: AL cohol, but I call him Booze for short. He goes by other names as well, Vodka, Pinot Noir and sometimes Champagne.

It's over. I am finally ending it, I say... until I hear my coworker convincingly utter "Lets just go have one to unwind after work"....







1 comment:

  1. You know how hard I laughed last night, well laughing harder now, LOVE the pic!!! YOU ARE GOOOD<3, Tell Mark I was getting pi$$ed at you, til I heard HIS name.

    ReplyDelete