Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cold feet...

"I've got cold feet, " he said as he sat with his feet dangling into Lake Wakatipu. He did in so many ways. He found the perfect girl and let her go.


"I never really believed in soul mates until I met him", she said as we polished off the last of the Havana blanco at 7 am. She found the love of her life and then he got cold feet.


"The timing just isn't right," he said about the one who got away. "She's in Australia, and I am here. It could never work right now."


"He told me, things are just going too well, too fast, I think we need to take some space", she said as we hiked to the basket of dreams on Queenstown Hill. I just got out of a 12 year relationship. Things have just been too perfect."


I've heard this story a million times over throughout the stories from best friends, boyfriends, and even strangers at my bar wanting a free afternoon therapy session (just to let you know: this is NOT the definition of HAPPY Hour!).


A lot of people get "this way" when they are scared. It's just an easy way out of not knowing how wonderful life could have possibly been together with the "supposed" love or lust of their life.


I often wonder what the world would be like if people "fully" let go?

**Someone once told me that I push the people away in my life that love me most. This was true at one point in my life, as I found that if something wasn't working, instead of fixing it, I would just leave, run away. I now know exactly what he meant.


So If I can give you something, let it be this...


Just let go, of all your inhibitions and see what is actually there. If it's nothing then atleast you gave it a shot. Stop running. Turn around.

In your lifetime you may break many hearts and have yours broken as well.
Life is full of heartaches, heartbreaks, lost loves, the one you wish you would have, the one(s) you regret.

Dive in or jump feet first, but make the biggest splash that you can.
Sometimes cold feet can feel a bit numbing, but you usually adjust to the water pretty quickly. Cupid Isn't always stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment