Friday, February 5, 2010

Looking back...



It's 2 am, I just got home from work, a bit early, slow Friday night.

As I can't fall asleep yet, I am just reflecting over my crazy week.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday I worked doubles, (11 am- 3:30 am). Daytime at The Michael Hill NZ Golf Open.

It was great to get out and see a bit more than just Queenstown. I met some interesting people, the best were the group of 20 with the crazy pants, who later came in to visit me at the bar.
Friday and Saturday evening, the bar was packed full of Old man golfers, dressed in their khaki pants, Ralph Lauren Polos, and sweaters carefully draped round their necks. Most of them were drinking Heineken or Champagne. Crazy Casey was in town as well which made it so much more fun. She worked with us but moved back to Auckland. Always a pleasure and good time when she's around!!

I literally slept for 24 hours on monday and woke up Tuesday evening before work.... where i was ivaded by Mex Fest at 2:30-4 am!! I spent the other half of the early evening drinking Champagne with 2 Aussies on the Patio. It's not every day that you meet great people.
Also had the perk of watching the sunrise in a jacuzzi, sweet as!!


Bikini Bike ride and jump swim Wednesday to frankton with Sarah, the water is much warmer here!!!

Thursday
I Went Boulder climbing for the first time with Mairi to Jardines just outside of town.
So much fun!!

And a great workout. I felt it today when I woke up.

I also felt something else; a hangover. Sarah and I had dinner at Botswana last night with the boys from Aus. It started out great. 2 hours and 3 bottles of wine, a tequila shot, and a Frangelico on the rocks with lime later, I was starting to feel pretty nice. Our table was perfect right on the patio, next to the lake. The sunset beautiful. The food exquisite. We bounced around town from Goodbar to Goodbar dancing chatting, more dancing, and just had a really great time.

My week: a + and an A for effort. Rippon Music Fest tommorow in Wanaka. Need to get some rest, I am sure the stories will be fun from this one :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahha, Grandpa would love some of those Polka Dot Golf Pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete