Saturday, February 13, 2010

Feel the burn...


Tuesday Mairi and I packed our bags: water, V energy drinks, a sanwich, protein bar, and our good attitudes (obviously). We were off!!!

Destination: Arrowtown, on BIKE. An overcast day, but still some sun and humidity.

PERFECT for a 30 mile (46K) bike ride!! Quite a good workout.
stunning scenery on the way,

loads of animals! The goats were just darling. Stinky and kept pebble pooping in front of us, but oh so cute!
Some monuments...
And we were even graced with the presence of a wide variety of roadkill. You name it, we probably saw it.


Arrowtown is an old Goldmining town.
Quaint, cute, relaxing.
When we arrived, we had a satisfying salad for lunch, and thereafter went parusing the streets....well, Street actually.
the town is tiny:
Population: 1,681 (the size of my highschool back home)
Arrowtown is full of trinket stores, a local art gallery, a few small bars (my favorite, Blue Door).

We stopped by The Willows, the place my friend Holly worked at a few years ago. I asked for Sis as i was instructed to do, and she did nothing but rave about Holly for the short time we were there. Holl's this ones for you :)

On our journey back, we chose a different route: Spear Grass Flat Road, the one the house I visited previously for lunch (See SUNDAY FUNDAY). We passed an Art Exhibit in an old cheese mill, with very interesting paintings. The man gave us a map of directions and kept talking forever trying to tell us all the different ways to get back to town.

For those who know me best, I can never resist a handstand with a beautiful background...

Horses in the field...
lush green trees, bushes, and plants...
When we arrived back to get Mairi's car, my favorite thing was awaiting me! SHEEP!! This was the closest I have come to them so far!!

Another incredible day, minus the part I forgot to mention about almost getting hit by a van on the bridge on the way back. Lesson learned: don't ride a bike back from Arrowntown across Shotover Street Bridge at 5 pm when there are loads of cars and no bike lane.


No comments:

Post a Comment